Re: manual reprints

Subject: Re: manual reprints
From: Bill Burns <BillDB -at- ILE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 14:17:02 -0600

Kristen,

I would estimate the amount of time it would take to make this change
and give a cost projection for producing new deliverables. Do this
separately for the documents you have in editable form and those for
which you only have in hardcopy. Add into this the amount of slippage
this will cause in your current workload. After providing your figures,
ask some questions.Here are some possible queries:

1. What market advantage will updating the logo provide for us?
2. How often do we redistribute/sell new versions of these
manuals?
3. What is the likelihood of additional changes coming down the
line that will require more substantive changes and cause an additional
round of revisions?

If your department has to foot the bill for your time, make sure your
manager gets a copy of your estimate.

Bill Burns
Technical Writer
ILE Communications Group