F/T Tech Writer in Bethesda MD

Subject: F/T Tech Writer in Bethesda MD
From: Dan Everman <mail33028 -at- POP -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 03:00:57 -0400

Wellspring Resources in Bethesda MD has an immediate need for a Sr. Tech
Writer meeting the description below. We are looking for local
applicants (no relocation paid for this position).

Wellspring is a human resources/benefits outsourcing firm for Fortune
500 companies. We have main offices in Bethesda and Jacksonville, FL,
with about 700 employee spread around. We are small but growing and
ambitious.

I am the hiring manager. Resumes can come to me, or to the addresses
below. We need someone immediately.

Thanks,

Dan Everman
Dan_Everman -at- wellspringres -dot- com
--------------------------------
TITLE: Senior Technical Writer
Permanent, full-time Start Date: ASAP
Team Name: Documentation
Hiring Manager: Dan Everman

event-driven on-line Help systems in a PowerBuilder / NT 4.0
environment, and create and maintain other documentation as needed (e.g.
User's Guides, Installation Guides, technical documentation, training
materials, Intranet/Internet content, etc.).

RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Work with a distributed documentation team using RoboHelp, internal
authoring tools, and various utilities and graphics packages
* Serve as component owner/project manager for client Help projects as
needed
* Gather information through interviews, hands-on software use, and
specifications
* Perform internal unit testing and editing of Help files
* Occasionally travel to Jacksonville, FL for research and training

MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
* B.A./B.S degree in Technical Writing, English, or Journalism; or,
Computer Science with extensive writing experience
* 4 - 5 years experience writing user documentation, on-line Help
emphasis
* 2 years experience with RoboHelp and WinHelp Office tools; RBH 4.0
desired
* Project management skills
* Advanced Microsoft Word proficiency, including use of style templates
and automation features (field codes, cross-references, indexes,
understanding of macros).
* Strong PC skills, including proficiency with Windows NT 4.0.
* Familiarity with Microsoft Help Workshop, ASCII text editors, simple
graphics editors (e.g. Paint Shop Pro)
* Basic understanding of database technology, programming theory, HTML
* PowerBuilder familiarity a plus
* Programming skills a plus

ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Interview subject matter experts
* Outline, write, edit, proofread, and distribute documentation
* Coordinate and conduct reviews and walkthroughs
* Follow and help develop corporate writing standards
* Debug and unit test Help files
* Follow configuration management procedures
Attn: HR Staffing
Wellspring Resources, LLC
6600 Rockledge Dr., Suite 600
Bethesda MD 20817

* Fax (Attn: Dan Everman) 301-581-5800
* Phone 301-581-5100
* ASCII resumes can go to HR at dcjobs -at- wellspringres -dot- com
* More company information at http://www.wellspringres.com

# # #