Re: Choosing a DTP Package

Subject: Re: Choosing a DTP Package
From: Sarah Carroll <sarahc -at- INDIGO -dot- IE>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 17:00:31 +0100

Hi Bill,

At 07:59 18/08/97 -0600, Bill Burns wrote:
>As far as using SGML source documents for localization, I'd say this is
>an excellent idea. ILE is currently spearheading an SGML initiative
>(Open Tag--a DTD specifically for the localization industry), and many
>of the translation memory tools we have developed work well with SGML
>and HTML.

I would be very interested to know what a "DTD specifically for the
localization
industry" would consist of. Could you be so good as to enlighten us? Please.

I am part of the LISA SIG group, along with your esteemed colleagues Walter
and Yves, which is working on the OSCAR - Open Standards for
Container/Content
Allowing Re-use - format, so am familiar with Open Tag and Borneo. I would be
interested though in this idea of a DTD for the localisation industry, as I
can't
quite get my head around how this would work.

TIA
Sarah
sarahc -at- indigo -dot- ie