Use of trademark symbol - HELP!

Subject: Use of trademark symbol - HELP!
From: Jim VanWinkle <JamesPVW -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 16:18:53 -0400

I need some ammunition.

At the request of my client's corporate lawyers, they have asked me to add
the text "TM, Company Name, City, State" after EVERY occurence of the name of
the software product I'm documenting. That can be as much as five times per
page!

"ProductNameTM Company, Inc., Hoosville, MD, will display the Edit Layers
dialog box, shown here."

Ugh.

I have explained that it is customary to use the trademark symbol at the
first visible occurence of the product name and then list the trademark
holder info along with the copyright statement on the back of the title page.
My contact agrees with me, but says it will be a hard sell to the attorneys
of this $80 billion company.

So...

Can anyone provide an argument besides "This is the way it's normally done"
or "Other clients have had their attorneys review this style before and they
have had no problems with it?"

TIA,

Jim Van Winkle