Re: Single use release documents

Subject: Re: Single use release documents
From: "Wittel, Teresa J." <WITTTJ -at- NCSLINK -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 14:20:00 -0700

I'm not sure if I understand what your problem is, but I always called
this type of documentation "change pages". I used the normal 125, 125a,
125b, ... sequence, ensuring that we released an even number of pages
including the original odd numbered page (adding blank pages, if
necessary). This avoided a numbering shift. Then we rev lettered the
footers of each page. Thus, for one additional change page (following
an odd page), you would have to reprint page 125, 125a, 125b and 126.
For one additional page following an even page, you need to print 126,
126a, 126b. When the book was reprinted (very rarely), we incorporated
the changes and renumbered everything.

If I have misunderstood your problem, just ignore the above.

Interleaf has a feature similar to Frame's conditional text. They call
it something else, though. Used to be called "effectivity", but I think
they changed the name in 6.0. Check it out.

P.S. Please include your email address if you want private email.