Re: Web Authoring Software

Subject: Re: Web Authoring Software
From: Suzanne Maloon <maloon -at- CDEPOT -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 22:56:49 -0700

YOU WROTE:

| I have spent the last couple months playing with HTML and setting up web
| pages. Now I have a pretty substantial, high profile project that has a
| first phase deadline of October 1. Rather than mess with straight HTML,
| I want to use a program to create the various templates. I have the
| money allocated for software and wanted your input regarding which
| software you are using, what its strengths and weaknesses are, and if
| you had it to do over would you buy the same software? I am operating

FrontPage 97, FrontPage 97, FrontPage 97. Can I say more? Templates,
headers, footers, file includes, ActiveX, VBScript, cross-file spell
checking, renaming (and following that rename throughout all files linked
to the renamee), as well as a wealth of other formatting opportunities,
with an (almost) WYSIWYG environment.

I've created 1000-page Intranets, without one missed link. It's only about
$149, and I would never recommend any other HTML editing tool (except,
perhaps, FrontPage 98, after I beta-test it.)

GOOD LUCK!!

Suzanne Maloon, Consultant

maloon -at- cdepot -dot- net
215 Mason Street