Re: intranet features

Subject: Re: intranet features
From: Suzanne Maloon <maloon -at- CDEPOT -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 07:43:01 -0700

| Is anyone out there working on an intranet (an internal corporate web
site)
| or have one up and running at their company? I'm curious about what types
| of features are being included on intranets these days.

I have worked on three Intranets -- two for Pacific Bell, and one for
Kaiser Permanente. One of the PB Intranets was designed for more effective
phone service in regard to customer inquiries. It consisted of framesets,
with the left frame being the Tables of Contents (it drilled-down to
different layers) and the right frame containing the content of the topic
the user chose. The Kaiser Intranet allowed high-end users to update a
database from the web, or to view other data, all in "real-time". (It was
very cool.)

One of the greatest capabilities I've seen in a database is being able to
change one's W-2, benefits package, dependents, 401K, or whatever other
personnel issues arise that normally require going to the personnel office.

Have FUN with it!!

Suzanne Maloon, Consultant

maloon -at- cdepot -dot- net
215 Mason Street
Jackson, CA 95642
209-223-1011

| We are currently designing our company intranet and deciding what content
| to place on it. The only other intranet site I've ever seen is for
Silicon