Subject: Summary: Creating Help Wizards
From: Jeff Hooker <hooker -at- T-III -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 14:40:11 -0700

As promised, here's a summary of the info gleaned about help wizards.
I'm still researching, but I felt I should post the summary reasonably
soon after posting the question.

First, there is confusion about just what a help wizard is. Some people
think it's a tutorial, others think it is a helpfully annotated sequence
of dialog boxes that step a user through the actual creation of a
specific product. The distinction here is that a tutorial _tells_ you
how to do something and a wizard actually helps you do it (accepts
input, etc.). I've come to the conclusion (personal conclusion, I have
no interest in debating about it) that that the second definition is the
more accurate.

In my case, the subject grinds to a halt right there because what I'm
looking to create is a tutorial.

However, for those interested, I have a sample of a wizard (Training
Cards in Robo-Speak) and a sample of the code needed to make it work
with the application (looks like Visual Basic to me). Email me if you'd
like a zipped copy (small file).

Any VB people wanting to know more could also visit:

http://www.pinpub.com/vbd/vbd9604/vbd96048.htm

Thanks for the help,
Jeff Hooker