Bar code vs. barcode -- what I've received

Subject: Bar code vs. barcode -- what I've received
From: Nate Rush <nater -at- KARMAK -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 16:57:59 -0500

For all who are interested...

Those who have cited resources indicate the usage to be as two words --
"bar code". Resources listed include:

*the 1993 edition of The Computer Glossary
*the 1990 edition of the Microsoft Press Computer Dictionary
*IBM Dictionary of Computing
*Barron's Dictionary of Advertising and Direct Mail Terms

Those who have set their own standards, or whose companies have set
standards tend to lean towards one word -- "barcode". And, I suppose
that at some point in time standard usage will be one word (like
beginning a sentence with "And,").

For now, I'll use two words and make sure I'm consistent throughout.

--

Nate Rush - Director of Documentation
Karmak, Inc.

http://www.karmak.com