Re: intranet features

Subject: Re: intranet features
From: "Charlotte H. Jacobsen" <chjac -at- AMROSE -dot- SPO -dot- DK>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 08:44:22 +0200

I work for a small company (20 pers) in the "software for robots"-field.
We have an intranet, and the philosophy behind it is that it must be easy
for everybody to put documents on. So it doesn't look very fancy and it's
not very well organised, because people can make up new directories if
they like. In essence, the intranet is there to spread information about
the projects everybody is working on.

This also means that some of us put things on the net, say once a week,
while others hardly ever does. Besides information about peoples work
projects, one guy puts "The Dilbert of the week" on, another one keeps
track of an internal tennis competition going on among the sporty guys,
our secretary makes telephone-, address- and email-lists and "who is
bringing cake on fridays"-list.

There are three ways to display the intranet site: sorted buy date, sorted
by directory, and a seek facility.

So, our version of an intranet is not, like in your suggestions, Allyson,
very "official" or Internet-like.

Danish greetings,