Re: Time

Subject: Re: Time
From: Chris Betterton <ChrisB -at- SELECTST -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 16:03:41 +0100

> Is there an intenational standard for communicating time? I'd like to
> include our company's business hours in a user guide but I don't know
whether to
> say "weekdays, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Central Standard Time," and leave it at
> that, or to say something more for customers on the other side of the
globe.

Depends where most of your customers are. If they are mainly in the US with
some elsewhere, you could put "US Central Standard Time". If most are
elsewhere, you could go with Greenwich Mean Time. Only problem is that at
first glance it would look like you worked really weird hours (3 to 11am?)

Chris Betterton
User Information Developer
Select Software Tools Ltd.
London, UK