CD Production Advice

Subject: CD Production Advice
From: ckime <ckime -at- PEERLOGIC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 13:17:53 -0700

One of my co-workers (our QA person) is assessing the feasibility of
shipping our cross-platform software product and doc on CD. The first
release is likely to be very low volume, perhaps even on-demand type
of production.

I haven't been involved in the production end of things since CD-ROMs
have become a common distribution method. In searching the archives I
found reference to using CD-ROM labels that can be printed and then
stuck on the CD, but our QA person has seen those and doesn't think
they look very professional. What are the mechanics for burning a
graphic image on CD--can you do that in quantity and then burn in the
"contents" (doc and software) on an as-needed basis? If any of you
have been on this wave I'd appreciate any ideas, tips, or research
pointers on economical ways to produce a professional looking CD.
Those willing to share can respond directly to me and I'll summarize
to the list.

Thanks in advance,
Carol Kime
ckime -at- peerlogic -dot- com