Re: Links in email

Subject: Re: Links in email
From: Sabahat Ashraf <sabahat_ashraf -at- MENTORG -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 14:34:14 EDT

Did I sum up the responses, nay, reactions to my "Links in email" post
[response to another post]?

I seems the best way to give links -- one that would give the least trouble to
the most people -- if you want people be able to click on them is to just quote
them as you would plug them into a browser:

http://www.rpi.edu/~ashraf
ftp://ftp.rpi.edu
gopher://gopher.rpi.edu

That also, applies to e-mail addresses, something not immediately obvious since
we are used to writing just the address:

mailto:Sabahat_Ashraf -at- MentorG -dot- com

[note that

- in some browsers, the mailto: is optional, in others it is necessary. But I
think it is okay to have it in there in both cases. [Correction?]
- the case (upper-lower/capital-small) is optional -- e-mail addresses are not
case-sensitive.]

FWIW. Feedback welcome -- and appreciated.

Sabahat.

--
Sabahat_Ashraf -at- MentorG -dot- com