Re: Usability Studies

Subject: Re: Usability Studies
From: Nancy Hoft <nhoft -at- WORLD-READY -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 09:33:23 -0500

The person who "popularized" discount usability testing (and I do
think this is the phrase he used) is Jakob Nielsen. He has
edited and written many, many books on this topic and is quite well
known in the human-computer interaction world (made up of mostly
usability, human factors, and cognitive science folks). I recommend
any of his books.

N A N C Y H O F T
Ph.D. Student, Rhetoric and Technical Communication
Michigan Technological University
PHONE: +1 906/482.5658 FAX: +1 906/482.0019
SMAIL: 209 W. Douglass Ave, Houghton, MI 49931-2221 USA
EMAIL: mailto:nlhoft -at- mtu -dot- edu -or- mailto:nhoft -at- world-ready -dot- com
WEB: http://www.world-ready.com