INPUT NEEDED: Forum 2000, London, England

Subject: INPUT NEEDED: Forum 2000, London, England
From: Nancy Hoft <nhoft -at- WORLD-READY -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 13:20:49 -0500

Hi Everyone,

I'm on the Program Committee for a conference called Forum 2000,
which will be held in London, England in the year 2000 (probably in
the Fall). One of our charges is to come up with a theme for the
conference by 03 October, 1997, so that the organizing committee can
vote on it and start developing marketing collateral.

Because we'd like to see ALL of you attend the conference, we like
to invite you to share your ideas on what the theme might be.

If you have an idea for a FORUM theme, please email it directly to
me, Nancy Hoft, at nhoft -at- world-ready -dot- com, by 03 October 1997. I'll
compile your ideas and make sure they get to the organizing
committee.

Also, is there someone who you think would make a great keynote
speaker as related to your theme suggestion? (Our preference is to
have a speaker who's based in Europe.) We'll collect your ideas on
this, too!

Thanks in advance for your input! Details about theme requirements,
INTECOM, and FORUM 2000 follow.

Cheers, Nancy Hoft

Council for Technical Communication. INTECOM is an international
umbrella organization of technical communication societies (not
individuals) from all over the world.

For FORUM 2000:

Host Organisation = ISTC (UK)
Organising Partners: STC (US-based), TEKOM (Germany), IEEE-PCS
(US-based)

INTECOM sponsors a forum every five years. The last conference was
held in Dortmund, Germany, in 1995. I was a participant and can
tell you it was a great experience professionally and socially.

The FORUM 1995 theme was Disappearing Borders.

Theme Requirements:

- It should be a short phrase, under five words if possible.
- It should reflect the date: the new millennium!
- It should reflect the location: London, England; Europe;
European Union; and so on.
- It should reflect the charter of INTECOM: to work toward achieving
seamlessness in the profession of technical communication.

N A N C Y H O F T
Ph.D. Student, Rhetoric and Technical Communication
Michigan Technological University
PHONE: +1 906/482.5658 FAX: +1 906/482.0019
SMAIL: 209 W. Douglass Ave, Houghton, MI 49931-2221 USA
EMAIL: mailto:nlhoft -at- mtu -dot- edu -or- mailto:nhoft -at- world-ready -dot- com
WEB: http://www.world-ready.com