Re: Grammar problems

Subject: Re: Grammar problems
From: Linda Laurie <LinLaurie -at- CLASSIC -dot- MSN -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 14:08:23 UT

Having worked through agencies, I know one thing?they are paid their cut of
the fee to deal with the problems that come up at the client site, and I am
sure they would want to talk to the other writer and try to handle the problem
without the client's knowledge. If it is so bad that it requires a buy in by
the client, the contracting agency can go to them without causing problems for
you and can smooth the way towards a resolution. I would encourage you to deal
with your agency. They are your employer, you just happen to work at the other
company. This job may go away, but they will be there to place you somewhere
else.

The example you posted was horrible and if that represents the other writer's
skill set, then it would probably be better for everyone if that writer were
taken off the contract and given a remedial grammar course (at the least)
before continuing as a technical writer. People with bad skills harm all of us
by giving the one hiring them the idea that we all might work that way. God
forbid!

By the way, I am not an agency. Good luck.

Lin
linlaurie -at- msn -dot- com
www.winpro-press.com