File Ownership

Subject: File Ownership
From: Jack Wiley <jwiley -at- QNI -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 11:04:23 -0500

I have recently completed a product training manual for a client. The
deliverable as stated in the contract was one copy of the manual that the
client could copy and distribute to their sales force. Today, a person from
the Canadian offices of this company requested that I send a copy of the
file to their training coordinator so they can revise it for Canadian usage.
I begrudgingly sent the file but I would like to know what everybody else
thinks about this situation. This is first time something like this has
surfaced since I've been a freelancer. The client is one of my main sources
of income, so I don't want to offend, but I would like for them to come back
to me for revisions and other project spinoffs. Am I nuts in thinking this way?

TIA for your replies

Jack Wiley
Logos Technical Communications
jwiley -at- qni -dot- com