Re: Pet peeve words

Subject: Re: Pet peeve words
From: Debbie Molinaro <debbiem -at- UCS -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 18:05:56 -0400

Here's another butt-squincher, not a pet peeve word, but a manner of
speaking that's been getting to me lately. It mostly happens at planning
meetings and on phone calls to customer service representatives. It's this
style of asking instead of telling. It's supposed to be a Gen-X
characteristic, but I've heard people all the way up to Boomers using it.

Here's an example of how it goes:
"I've finished interviewing the technicians? And I've keyed in all the
information into the PC? I should have layout done by next week? And then
I'll get started on the graphics?"

Like, who asked?

Debbie

Debbie Molinaro