Re: Trying to avoid...

Subject: Re: Trying to avoid...
From: "M. Dannenberg" <midannen -at- SI -dot- BOSCH -dot- DE>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 15:49:14 +0200

Pat Gantt schrieb:

> So here it is... what are some terms that
> can be used that avoid the negative connotations
> of these:
>
> education ?
> train ?
> teach ?
> instruct ?
>
> Seems to me all of the above can be a problem
> when trying to put a title to what it is
> I do...
>
> Suggestions?

Excuse me? I've always known there's an anti-intellectual bias in the
corporate world, but has it got so bad that "teacher" is a swear word?
Whoa. Outside school/university a person who teaches others is commonly
refered to as an instructor and I really can't see anything wrong with
that word. What exactly are the negative connotations you're talking
about? Maybe I'm blind or hopelessly naive, but I just don't get it.

Mike

--
Mike Dannenberg
ETAS GmbH & Co.KG