Word 97: Automatic numbering of captions

Subject: Word 97: Automatic numbering of captions
From: Kelly Anderson <kanderson -at- MAGSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 15:25:15 -0700

I've got some documents that were converted from Word 7 to Word 97 and
I'm having some problems with automatic numbering of captions. In
short, the automatic sequential number of captions is not working. In
chapter 1 of my document, all 15 figures are numbered 1-1.

I checked out the field codes (see below), but I don't see anything
wrong with them.

Figure {STYLEREF 1 \S} - {SEQ Figure \* ARABIC \s 1}

Can you help?