Re: Word 97: Automatic numbering of captions

Subject: Re: Word 97: Automatic numbering of captions
From: Peter Godfrey <pg -at- PEAK -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 15:54:04 -0700

Unfortunately, I've had the exact same problem. My best solution was to use a simpler numbering scheme (i.e., every figure is numbered sequentially, without chapter numbers). I spoke to Microsoft's tech support regarding this issue a while back but the only answer I got was their usual, "Gosh, that's strange." They were able to duplicate the problem there, but couldn't offer any solutions. To the best of my knowledge it's just another very annoying bug in '97.

Best regards,

Peter Godfrey
pg -at- peak -dot- org