Re: Mastered the Master Issue

Subject: Re: Mastered the Master Issue
From: TIMMERMAN <timmerma -at- IPDLINK -dot- IPD -dot- ANL -dot- GOV>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 11:12:21 CST

Dennis,

You have a great idea, but you may have forgotten an even bigger
issue. What about all those colleges and universities that bestow
that middle degree (you know, the one between the baccalaureate and
the doctorate) on millions of people every year. Who knows what will
happen to the rest of the people with all those Masters walking
around.

Then again, what about the following:

master (the adjective and verb), master-at-arms, master bedroom,
master chief petty officer, master class, masterful, master gunnery
sergeant, master key, masterly, mastermind, master of ceremonies,
masterpiece, master plan, master race, master sergeant, mastersinger,
masterstroke, masterwork, mastery.

My apologies if I missed any "master" words. My American English
language dictionary is just the regular desktop variety and it may not
include all the variations of this word.

Don Timmerman, dtimmerman -at- anl -dot- gov

Subject: Mastered the Master Issue
Author: dhays -at- NOVALIS -dot- COM at IPDLINK
Date: 9/19/97 11:33 AM

That's it. I find I'm greatly offended by this thread and the use of
Master/Slave... either in, or out of context. I've taken the liberty to
write to the company that makes Master Locks and I've included everyone's
email. I am suggesting, no demanding, they change the name to _Primary_
Lock.

Dennis Hays
The Burden Lake Group, Ltd.
On Contract at Novalis Corp.