Re: Contracting Pluses & Minuses

Subject: Re: Contracting Pluses & Minuses
From: Willa MacAllen <macallen -at- TIAC -dot- NET>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 07:46:26 -0700

I agree with the comments regarding contracting.

Additional points in favor of contracting more than one job at a time are
that one can start/improve more than one skill set. For instance, I'm
currently maintaining a library, doing some cataloging and trying to get
started doing indexing/proofreading. I'm hoping to get to the point
where indexing/proofreading provides the base of my income, but that will
take time.

Another plus is the issue of having more than one source of income. It
hurts more when one has only one job and faces downsizing. If one has
several sources of income, it's easier to keep going while one is looking
for a replacement.

Even during the lean times, a flexible work schedule is wonderful, even
if it means going to work on a Sunday afternoon after church, just to get
a head start on the work week!

Willa MacAllen
MacAllen's Information Services
Information Broker