Setting shading in MS Word, take 2

Subject: Setting shading in MS Word, take 2
From: "Branchaud, Paul" <pbranchaud -at- UTSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 16:18:15 -0400

I want to apologize: I didn't express myself very well in my first
message. What I want to do is set the background color for my page to
display a 1.5 or 2 inch dark blue border on the right hand side of the
page. I want to avoid page columns and tables if at all possible.

The effect I am looking to replicate is similar to several web pages
that have a navigational frame or banner on the left which is a
different color than the rest of the page.

Also, if it's possible, I'd like to have a yellow banner across the top
of the page, but I'll settle for a wide blue stripe on the right of my
page.

I hope this makes more sense.

Thanks again,

Paul