MS mess...

Subject: MS mess...
From: "Branchaud, Paul" <pbranchaud -at- UTSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 14:02:02 -0400

Greetings helpful folks!

Many thanks to all who helped me with my border/watermark question from
Monday. It was greatly appreciated. Now I have a new problem, and I need
a fairly rapid solution (we want to deliver a document to the printers
today):

We have an 8 page marketing brochure that was created in Word. We want
the print shop to produce two two-sided 17"x11" sheets for each
brochure, that will then be folded to make each page 8.5"x11". The only
DTP package we have on site is MS Publisher. The Word document has an
approximate 60/40 split of images and text. When I was trying out
Publisher yesterday, I was able to create 4 4.25"x11 text boxes on a
Publisher page, and I pasted text from Word into each frame. The results
were less than spectacular. We have to produce a file whose page layout
goes: 8 and 1, 2 and 7, 6 and 3, and 4 and 5.

In Word, each page has a header and footer and is properly formatted in
two columns with text wrapping around the graphics. How can I merge this
into MS Publisher? Do I even need to use Publisher?

As always, your help is greatly appreciated.

Paul (I have to get a real DTP package in this place ASAP!)