Re: A proposal to the tech writing list moderator :my 2 cents

Subject: Re: A proposal to the tech writing list moderator :my 2 cents
From: Chris Hamilton <chamilton -at- GR -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 06:51:58 -0500

There's another list out there called techcomm
(techcomm -at- user -dot- itconsult -dot- co -dot- uk), which is a more free-form kind of list.
When I'm feeling kind of feisty, or I want to comment on something in a
way that might take it outside the realm of TECHWR-L material, I take it
there. I think things like fun pairs are probably more appropriate
there.

But, on the other hand, some of the things that have been targets of the
off-topic complaint, such as the offensive language topic, have actually
been very useful to me. I would also hasten to point out that how the
language is used, particularly when it comes to technical terms such as
master and slave (with regard to hard drives) and abort are directly on
topic. So what might be needlessly clogging _your_ inbox might be useful
to me.

Chris
--
Chris Hamilton, Senior Technical Writer