A proposal to the tech writing list moderator :my 2 cents

Subject: A proposal to the tech writing list moderator :my 2 cents
From: Alexander Von_obert <avobert -at- TWH -dot- MSN -dot- SUB -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 13:08:03 +0100

Hello,

* Antwort auf eine Nachricht von kmarshall -at- MODACAD -dot- COM an All am 23.09.97

[changing of subjects]
kk> that would be nice, but most of the time people don't simply
kk> hit "reply
kk> to" -- they change the subject -- and keep changing the
kk> subject. so even
kk> trying to filter out subjects is impossible.

a quite bad habit is to prefix the subject with "RE:" or something even more
$%&/ like "RE: RE:" or "RE^4:". Other variants happen at readers of the
digest,
unless they simply keep the "Digest of..." subject. I simply HATE all that
fuss. You need to produce a lot of noise before you get a digest function in
any of the mailing lists I host...

There are situations when I change a subject. But then I wish to spawn a
separate discussion for a topic that came up.

Greetings from Germany,
Alexander

--
Alexander von Obert, Urbanstr. 2, 90480 Nuernberg, Germany
Free-lance Technical Writer (electronics, software)