Re: verbs

Subject: Re: verbs
From: Jason Willebeek-LeMair <jlemair -at- ITEXCHSRV2 -dot- PHX -dot- MCD -dot- MOT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 08:36:51 -0700

Actually, display has an intransitive use.

When monkeys want to attract a mate, they display (usually by sticking
their swollen butt in the air).

So, when I took over a large set of manuals where the screens were
displaying, I had a vivid picture of a bunch of CRTs sticking their
swollen butts in the air.

Jason
Who does not display unless trying to attract a mate.