Re: Context sensitive help problems

Subject: Re: Context sensitive help problems
From: "Cramer, Kim" <kcramer -at- NCSLINK -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 07:46:00 -0700

Betty Guthrie provided an excellent description of fixing map numbers in
RoboHelp Help files. I wanted to share a process I use to track these
numbers in case of problems such as this.

What I do is open the .HH files for each of my Help documents, and copy
the contents into a Word file. I add the name of the source document
file to each line so I know where each link is. Once I have the
information for all of the project documents in the Word file, I delete
any extraneous info like the #define statements, add tabs between the
context string and context ID, and turn the text into a table. I then
sort the table in context ID order. Once this is done, I have a list of
all map numbers in my project. It's very easy to find duplicate numbers
this way and to identify unused numbers.

Hope this helps!