Re: HTML graphics

Subject: Re: HTML graphics
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- ROGERS -dot- WAVE -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 17:06:44 -0800

On Fri, 3 Oct 1997 14:45:22 -0700, Chuck Martin wrote:

>> I took the advice of a message I found on last week's list. We have
>> tested using HTML Transit to convert MS Word files to HTML pages.
>> However, we're having a problem with some graphics coming in too
>> large.
>>
>Use the HEIGHT= and WIDTH= attributes of the IMG tag, specifying values in
>pixels.

HEIGHT and WIDTH will tell the browser what the size of the image will
be, so it can pre-allocate the screen space. Unless it's something
that's been added to the newest browsers, I DON'T believe these
attributes will tell the browser to actually paint the image that size.

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<insert standard disclaimer here>