Re: Trademark symbols...???

Subject: Re: Trademark symbols...???
From: "Ridder, Fred" <F -dot- Ridder -at- DIALOGIC -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 1997 23:54:42 -0400

Jane,
I have found the All About Trademarks web site at
http://www.ggmark.com/
to be very helpful and understandable.
As with anything in the world of The Law, opinions vary as
to whether there is any legal benefit to using the symbols
in any given place or situation. If the trademark has been
registered, then it's probably less critical to use the symbol
everywhere except to head off "genericization" (the Kleenex
scenario), which is probably why Microsoft is so picky about
it. If the trademark is unregistered, then the degree of
protection your company can claim depends on how forcefully
and consistently it declares its rights to the trademark.

Fred Ridder (mailto:f -dot- ridder -at- dialogic -dot- com)
Senior Technical Writer
Dialogic Corporation, Parsippany, NJ

And to keep our marketing people happy:
Get the Dialogic Edge at: http://www.dialogic.com