11 x 17 PDF file

Subject: 11 x 17 PDF file
From: "Metzger, Lucinda" <cmetzger -at- MAIL -dot- DUKANE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 16:34:23 -0500

All right, guys, I hope someone can save my patoot on this one. I've got
a deadline approaching very quickly and I cannot get this to work....

Here's the situation:
I am trying to create a PDF file of an 11 x 17 drawing. The drawing was
created on a Mac using Illustrator 6.0, and is comprised of text and
graphics created directly in Illustrator, plus scanned photos and
graphics that were imported into the file. The file was then saved as an
IBM Illustrator file, version 6.0. The file is about 4 MB.

I brought the file onto my PC (Pentium, 200MHz, 32 MB RAM, blah blah
blah). I have tried importing it into Ventura 4.2, Ventura 7, and
CorelDRAW 5. From each of these applications I have sent it to print,
selecting print to file, 11 x 17 paper size, landscape orientation, and
the Distiller Assistant printer driver (BTW, I have Adobe Acrobat 3.0).

In Distiller, I selected Acrobat 3.0 compatibility, default compression
settings, and specified the particular fonts I want embedded.

The file distills, I open it in Reader, and it has rotated the drawing
back to portrait. When I tried using Exchange to rotate the drawing back
to landscape, it looked terrible. I have distilled 11 x 17 EPS files
from other sources with no problem. I have tried converting this EPS
file to WMF, and it still rotated it back to portrait.

Any ideas on what is happening, and how I can get around this?

Cindy