HDK problem

Subject: HDK problem
From: Damien Braniff <Damien_Braniff -at- PAC -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 08:43:08 +0100

Bit of a problem with HDK and I wondered if anyone else has had a similar
problem (also contacted the HDK forum but no reply yet). The problem is
that I have a HDK project which was fine but now seems to be very
temperamental!! When I try and compile the project it falls over once it
tries to invoke the Help compiler and gives an error message - "File
already in use by another program. Close program and try again". Nothing
else is running. The project is on the network and, for a while, if I
copied it to my hard disk it compiled OK but no longer.

I looked at the HDK installation and found what appeared to be two copies
of the program installed - one in a Prog directory and one in a Program
directory (short/long filenames from last update??). I deleted both
version and re-installed but to no avail - any suggestions?

Thanks in anticipation

Damien Braniff
Technical Author
PAC International