Found cite: Content beats presentation

Subject: Found cite: Content beats presentation
From: Elizabeth Hanes Perry <betsyp -at- VNET -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 12:34:32 -0400

Thanks to Alan Houser, I found the paper I was thinking of.

Borenstein, Nathaniel S., "Help Texts vs. Help Mechanisms: A New Mandate
for Documentation Writers". In _Proceedings of SIGDOC'85_. New York:
Association for Computing Machinery, 1985. pp. 8-10

Thanks to Alan and to the list.

>Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 10:17:09 -0400
>To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
>From: Elizabeth Hanes Perry <betsyp -at- vnet -dot- net>
>Subject: Need cite: Content beats presentation
>
>I was talking to a presenter at OOPSLA who was trying to track down a
paper. It's the famous paper that tried presenting Unix man pages in
various online formats, trying to determine which format was best, and
whose conclusion was that *quality of writing* mattered more than any other
factor in the effectiveness of online help.

----
Be well, do good work, and keep in touch. -- G. Keillor
Betsy Hanes Perry betsyp -at- vnet -dot- net