Re: Porn Ads

Subject: Re: Porn Ads
From: Ann Mackenzie <AnnMacknz -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 16:18:11 -0400

Becky writes:
> Usually, when I try to send a message back telling them to stop sending me
stuff, I get a message that the address does not exist, or someone answers
denying they know anything about it.<

Many spam contain something like the following:

>To be removed from our mailing lists, please send any message
to: simrem -at- answerme -dot- com Thank you.<

A friend says that *any* response to those messages results in more spam
because they know you are a live address. The best defense seems to be to go
through the list of mail before going in to read the mail and delete all
those messages in full caps, with a lot of exclamation marks, or those that
promise a million dollars. :-) The ones that are left are mostly legit.

Cheers Ann