Document authoring Tool

Subject: Document authoring Tool
From: Dennis DeMarco <holden190 -at- ROCKETMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 08:35:38 -0700

Hello all,

I have been using Word 97 as an authoring tool for our paper
documentation (mainly since RoboHelp 4.0 requires it). I am not at all
pleased with Word as the Table of Contents renumber when printing and
graphics seem to be replaced with giant Red X's at random times. My
question is which program do you consider the best authoring tool for
paper documentation? I already looked into Framemaker, but at $895.00
its cost is prohibitive.

Thanks,

Dennis