Adobe Acrobat Availability

Subject: Adobe Acrobat Availability
From: Denise Martin <d_martin -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 16:37:43 EDT

From: Denise Martin - PKMFGVM4(DMARTIN), 8-293-9650
Component Information Systems, d_martin -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com
*** Unclassified ***

I would like to make my organization's documents available on the web
in PDF format. Many of the potential readers have UNIX workstations
on LANs using AFS or DFS that enable files to be shared. While a PC
user could download Acrobat Reader one time to view the documents, it
would not make good space sense for each person on a workstation using
AFS/DFS to download the Reader which would result in multiple copies
on each LAN cell.

The other option I can think of is to have system administrators do
the downloading for each LAN cell. However, we have multiple cells
around the world so informing the correct people and getting them to
do this could be a significant endeavor not to mention having them
install future upgrades.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can surmount this hurdle?

Denise