Word to on-line or Frame to on-line

Subject: Word to on-line or Frame to on-line
From: Annalee Foster <scripta -at- GJ -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 13:00:52 -0600

Hi all,

I need the opinion of the experts...

I have several large manuals in MS word and want to take our
documentation online.

Is it best to continue managing my large docs in Word and develop online
material from there, or to move all the docs to Frame and develop online
material from there.

Also, can someone define for me on-line help versus on-line
documentation? Or point me to a good source so I can educate myself?

In case it is relevant, the field engineers who use the docs have
laptops with Windows NT 4.0. I use Windows 95 primarily, but also have
Windows NT 4.0.

Thanks.

If it's about technical communication--post it! If not, don't!