QUESTION: Usability Groups

Subject: QUESTION: Usability Groups
From: Sarah Gunn <gunn -at- NICMAD -dot- NICOLET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 13:51:00 -0600

I have recently been assigned to a usability group to design user
interfaces for our company products (mostly medical software). I am excited
about this opportunity, but unfortunately I have not had too much exposure
in working with usability design and testing. I was hoping that those of
you who are experienced in this area can point me in the right direction.

Can you recommend:

* workshops that you found helpful

* Internet resources that I can check out

* I know there are several usability mailing lists out there, can you
recommend one or two that are the most informative

* Books that you have read

Your answers are most appreciated.

Please post to me privately.

TIA

Sarah
Technical Writer
Nicolet Biomedical
gunn -at- nicmad -dot- nicolet -dot- com
ext. 2327