Re: TECH: TMP files that won't go away

Subject: Re: TECH: TMP files that won't go away
From: "Ira L. Jacobson" <ira_l_jacobson -at- TECHNOLOGIST -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 19:51:02 +0200

On Wed, 22 Oct 1997 17:51:41 GMT, John Cornellier wrote:

>Ideally I'd like to stop the PC crashing. If I can't do that then I'd like to
>stop Office leaving TMP files all over the place. If I can't do either of
>those, then does anything like XDEL exist which I can put in autoexec.bat to
>get rid of TMP in all subdirs?

I use PDEL, shareware written by Norm Patriquin, which I downloaded from a
BBS donkey's-ears ago. I would suggest that you put it in a batch file
(with a separate line for each logical disk, and you can also use it for
those .BAK files you don't need), but not in AUTOEXEC.BAT. You wouldn't
want to delete _all_ those .TMP files incase you needed an auto-save file
that was created shortly before your crash.
--
IRA L. JACOBSON
Petah Tiqwa, Israel