Re: predicting successful writers

Subject: Re: predicting successful writers
From: Brian Martin <martin -at- SODALIA -dot- IT>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 09:54:58 +0100

I tend to agree with Bruce that:

>"The definition of "entry level" is a real frustration to students."

I suggest these steps to finding that troublesome first job:

1. Do an internship. I counts as experience. Do it even if you've
graduated already and are having trouble finding a "real" job.

2. Get known. Volunteer for STC or another organization. Show people
what you can do and that you're a can-do, will-do person.

3. Get creative in the job search. It's hard to land a whale if you've
never landed a minow. Find some small clients on your own to expand your
portfolio.

4. Read "What Color Is Your Parachute." Do what the book says. If what
you read there doesn't work, read it again.

Good luck job hunters.

If it's about technical communication--post it! If not, don't!