Word 6.0 and 7.0--Grrr

Subject: Word 6.0 and 7.0--Grrr
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 11:18:54 -0600

Maybe I _do_ need Frame.

(This is a major change in opinion. I've used Word happily since
2.0.)

I have a fairly simple document -- 124 pages, 8 stories, 2 sections
per story. I needed to make an additional set of copies, so I opened
the document to print a new original. The original copy was printed
in Word 6.0; we recently upgraded to Word 7.0 (Word 95). Before I
started printing, I did a quick spot check for pagination. It's a
good thing I did -- the pagination was totally different. I tracked
down the differences to differences in hyphenation.

It wasn't a printer driver difference (my first thought), because it
was the same printer at both times. It wasn't a customization problem
(Tools/Options/Customize), because Word 6.0 and Word 7.0 use the same
customization settings.

I tracked down a copy of Word 6.0 on the network and opened the
document. Sure enough -- the hyphenation there was exactly the same
as my original copy. This time, that'll take care of the problem, but
that's not the right solution.

Has anyone else encountered anything like this? Does Frame have this
problem?

I'm _really_ annoyed.

Beth Friedman bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com
"A civil war is such an awful bother.
We fought at Tewksbury and still ran out of mustard.
I wonder where my brother Richard is." -- John M. Ford