Re: What's This? Help Composer and Spurious Links

Subject: Re: What's This? Help Composer and Spurious Links
From: Kris Olberg <kjolberg -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 22:17:39 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: David Slonosky <David -dot- Slonosky -at- ITLS -dot- COM>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU <TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Tuesday, October 28, 1997 7:39 AM

>The links are between static text inside the dialog boxes and other boxes.
>think it may have something to do with the tab order of how fields within
the
>dialog box are ordered, because the What's This? manual mentions something
>about setting a topic ID to -1 to avoid what sounds suspiciously like this
>problem. And linking seems to be a C/C++ convention.

In programming there really is no such thing as a "link," not even in C/C++.
Conceptually, linking means to connect items using some bridging mechanism.
Typically, programmers refer to this as "mapping," "assigning," or some
other term. "Linking" is used most frequently in the context of HTML.

Tabbing order is controlled by another property of a control. In Visual
Basic, this is called the TabIndex property. The What's This topic ID is
controlled by another property of a control, called the WhatsThisHelpID.

>There's a WinHelp list? :) Thanks. Our developers are smart and not totally
>inaccessible, so I'm not too worried.

Once again, best of luck! Your developers will figure it out sooner or
later.

Regards...Kris
kolberg -at- actamed -dot- com
kris -at- olberg -dot- com