Re: OED is ONLINE! More....

Subject: Re: OED is ONLINE! More....
From: "Bergen, Jane" <janeb -at- ANSWERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 11:51:48 -0600

Sorry, the original message was to alert everyone to the OED going
online. It appears that it's not quite ready for general use. There is a
link on that page that will send you to the home page. They give an
explanation there about the site. Basically, when it's ready, it will be
by subscription. A few features are available now, FREE, and to the
general public. I posted the URL because I remember someone had asked,
and a lot of other people seemed interested. I have no information other
than what is on the web site. Considering the cost of a paper OED, a
subscription is probably justified.

For now, I've bookmarked it and will continue to check it. What a great
service when it finally gets up and running!!

Jane

On Thursday, October 30, 1997 11:09 AM, Matt Ion
[SMTP:soundy -at- mail -dot- bc -dot- rogers -dot- wave -dot- ca] wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Oct 1997 10:00:53 -0500, Marie C. Paretti wrote:
>
> >>Sometime ago, someone on the list asked if the OED (Oxford English
> >>Dictionary) was online. I never saw an answer, but today I found it.
If

----