Re: QUESTION: Moving from WinHelp to HTML Help

Subject: Re: QUESTION: Moving from WinHelp to HTML Help
From: "Tamminga, Ernie" <et -at- DSC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 07:17:52 -0800

If you're creating the Help system for a software product that is itself
administrable/accessible over an intranet or the Internet, HTML-based
help is just about the only way to go.

i.e., if your customer is going to be able to access the system from
"any" computer, and is not restricted to only from the one where you
would otherwise have loaded your Help files onto the local disk . . .

In the case of our product, the Help files reside on a single server
that customers access through a net (generally, an intRAnet).

--------
Ernie Tamminga
Director, InfoEngineering
Digital Sound Corporation
Opinions expressed are my own, and not necessarily those of Digital
Sound Corporation