Re: resume on a web page

Subject: Re: resume on a web page
From: John Lilly <jlilly -at- IDCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 12:32:35 -0500

John Posada wrote:

>You wouldn't believe how well [sending an email resume blast] works.

I've been planning the same thing, but I feared the reaction of
recruiters who saw 300 names in the TO: field. If I were a recruiter, I
might be peeved to see that 299 other recruiters received the same lead.
On the other hand, recruiters have to hustle to earn their pay, so maybe
they are not fazed by it.

Do you send them emails to indicate you temporary unavailablility and
does it work? I still received many calls from a 30 person fax blast
long after I had found work and informed the fax recipients.

A "Disperse Send" button that sends one message to a list of people with
individual TO: headers seems like obvious feature for an email app., but
I haven't seen it yet.

-john lilly
K2 Comminications
jlilly -at- idcomm -dot- com