Re: Embarrassingly basic font question

Subject: Re: Embarrassingly basic font question
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- EXPERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 15:41:45 -0800

>Susan E. Gallagher wrote:
>>
>> I'll admit it up front -- I've always been a mac person.
>>
>> Now that I'm using Frame on the PC, I found that I only have a limited set
>> of fonts -- some fonts that I consider pretty standard (like Palatino,
>> Helvetica, and Geneva) are nowhere to be found.

You'll find plenty of substitutes for Palatino and Helvetica. However,
somewhere in the deepest and darkest corners of my brain comes the
thought that Mac fonts named after cities are primarily for on-screen
display, so you probably won't find an equivalent for Geneva or New
York.

You'll find plenty of free fonts, and coincidentally, links to pretty-
much *all* the major font houses at the Font Fairy web site at:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/kayhall/webfonts.html

HTH!

(...and welcome to the *third* Susan Gallagher on techwr-l! <BwaHaHaHaHaHa!>)

-Sue Gallagher http://pw1.netcom.com/~gscale/susanwg/
sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com http://www.expersoft.com

The _Guide_ is definitive.
Reality is frequently inaccurate. --Douglas Adams