Re: resume on a web page

Subject: Re: resume on a web page
From: Westbrook <westbrok -at- HSNP -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 1997 02:08:54 GMT

On Wed, 5 Nov 1997 13:08:34 -0500, Alexia Prendergast
<alexiap -at- SEAGATESOFTWARE -dot- COM> wrote:

>3. Is the web page accessible by all browsers, designed well, and
>indexed with the major search engines?

I don't see accessability as a sacred requirement here. Most of my web
pages are compatible with ancient browsers, but not my resume.
Frames-capable browsers have been around for a long time now, and MSIE is
free for the taking. I don't want to start out working for some company
that is too technologically backwards to view framed web pages. Certain
documents look better framed, and my resume is one of them. To view it
without frames would not be a fair evaluation of my HTML skills, and is
that not the true reason someone puts a resume on the web anyway?

-----
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/6663/index.html
Woody Allen FAQ, Drew Carey, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome,
Famous Arkansans, Poetry, Classic Rock, Elmore Leonard,
Justice League Index

If it's about technical communication--post it! If not, don't!