Reply - help for newbie

Subject: Reply - help for newbie
From: Carol Van Natta <CVANNATT -at- ITC -dot- NRCS -dot- USDA -dot- GOV>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 07:15:46 -0700

Font size and choice depend largely on your audience (if
they're older, use bigger sizes) and your number-of-pages
limitations, if any. Tables of contents and indexes are often
printed in smaller fonts--9-10pt., and text is anywhere from
10 to 12 point, depending on what font you've chosen and
what your line length is (the longer the line length, the larger
the font size should be). Sans-serif fonts (e.g., Arial) are
usually used in titles, and serif fonts (e.g., Times Roman) in
body text. Feel free to consciously break with "tradition," but
know why you're doing it.

>>> "Gregory L. Delzer" <GDelzer -at- UWYO -dot- EDU> 11/8/97
8:22 pm >>>
Hi everyone. I'm relatively new to the list and this is my first
post,
though I thought that bc. / bce. discussion was fascinating!

I am working on operations documents which are in
piecemeal form. I need
to make the documents consistent in style. My first difficulty
is that
the documents are not even consistent as far as font!

The documents are set up with a title page, table of contents
(for
each), description and then instructions. What fonts and
sizes would be
appropriate for each? Is there an industry standard I could
use? Any
help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

--Gregory Delzer

If it's about technical communication--post it! If not, don't!
Commands: mailto:listserv -at- listserv -dot- okstate -dot- edu (e.g.
SIGNOFF TECHWR-L)
http://www.dejanews.com/
Subjects: JOB:, QUESTION:, SUMMARY:, ANNOUNCE:, or
none of these.