From Documents to Resource?

Subject: From Documents to Resource?
From: Hilary Phillips <hilary -at- CYGNUSPR -dot- DEMON -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 10:21:57 -0000

I am involved in maintaining a raft of documents which all borrow material from each other. I am on the lookout for a way of creating a resource library for the material, which can then be linked into the documents as required.

The documentation is all MS Word. Clearly it would be possible to create separate document files for each "chunk" of text and link these into the main documents - but I need a good way of maintaining and organizing these source files. Has anyone done this? Any thoughts, tips or ideas?

Thank you.

Hilary